Korean beauty really does set itself apart from its more conservative and safe-playing western neighbors when it comes to skincare ingredients.
That’s partly why I love putting these posts together.
And if you’re reading, you’re no doubt on the hunt for a new Korean lip balm to use.
Why Do I Need A Lip Balm?
For so many reasons – to keep the skin on your lips smooth and free from cracking or chapping. And let’s not forget that neglected lips can make you look older too.
I don’t know about you, but I always seem to have dry lips, and therefore use more lip balm when the seasons change, and particularly in cold weather. When I haven’t drunk enough water and when I’m out in the elements – wind and sun.
So if you’re searching for something new, or maybe an old favorite, take a look below and see what takes your fancy in the world of Korean lip balms. These are my picks of the best lip balms Korean beauty has to offer for all skin types.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying links. This means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
No Korean Beauty list would be complete without mentioning Laneige, so I thought I’d start right here. And if you haven’t treated yourself to this gorgeous product, do so right away!
It’s available in a number of different scents and flavors, but no matter what, I always go back to the original berry.
- a leave-on overnight lip mask intended to apply before bedtime – I use it in the daytime though!
- rich in anti-oxidants to condition and nourish your lips
- contains coconut oil, shea butter, and murumuru seed butter to protect your lips
- contains vitamin C to nourish your lips while you sleep
- 1 bought every 3 seconds worldwide in 2021 (according to Laneige global unit sales)
Nooni Appleplum Lip Oil
- formulated with apple plum for gentle hydration
- tinted for a natural cool-toned flush look
- contains kakadyplum extract and jojoba oil extracts that contain anti-oxidants
- contains vitamins A, C, and E for nourishment
Find Nooni Appleplum Lip Oil here and check out at the different flavor/tint options as well if the appleplum isn’t your jam.
Kahi Seoul Wrinkle Bounce Multi Balm
So while not a true lip product, this intriguing multi-tasker from Kahi Seoul is worth mentioning on my list.
With ingredients described as salmon collagen and salmon PDRN, a little further digging revealed some interesting things about these ingredients.
The National Library of Medicines describes PDRN (polydeoxyribonucleotides) as, well, essentially the DNA of salmon sperm.
These materials are supposed to help restore the skin’s elasticity by increasing the collagen levels in the skin. And also help reduce inflammation.
Let’s just hope it doesn’t go all “Monkey Shines” on us (check it out if you like campy 80’s horror/thrillers).
And may be worth avoiding altogether if you suffer any seafood allergies!
Maybe I’m late to this K-beauty trend, as I do recall an actor telling me about his wife’s beauty products containing animal sperm earlier this year. But nevertheless, this is still unsettling and more than a little intriguing for me.
What do you think? Comment below if you’re more savvy with this product, or other beauty products with these ingredients.
- restores elasticity to the skin
- for all-over face and body use as well as lips
- instant moisturization
- contains Jeju oils such as: Schisandra berries, carrot root extract, carrot seed oil containing beta carotene
- this new product sold 3 balms every second when launched!
Find Kahi Seoul Wrinkle Bounce Multi Balm here.
TonyMoly Peach Lip Balm
- loaded with fruit extracts
- a more matte lipstick finish
- perfect for everyday wear
- contains SPF 15
- contains shea butter and witch hazel to help provide moisturization and keep it locked in
- sweet fruity scent and flavor
- and how cute is the packaging?
Find Tonymoly Peach Lip Balm here.
Nooni Lip Duo Set
- contains both the applebutter lip mask AND the appleberry lip oil in one
- great value
- comes with spatula and doe-footed lip brush for easy application
- high concentration of shea butter for optimum hydration
- perfect combination for daytime and nighttime routine
Find the Nooni Lip Duo Set here.
Fascy Lollipop Lip Balm
- made with beeswax and soybean oil
- available in strawberry and banana
- strawberry has a natural flush tint
I’m Meme Tinted Lip Balm
- gloss finish
- lightweight and nourishing lip balm
- available in 4 colors with names like “Ruddy” and “Murky” – love it
- infused with botanical oils such as jojoba seed oil, olive fruit oil, grapeseed oil
- buildable to increase color intensity
Skin Food Tomato Jelly Lip Tint
- made with tomato extracts to moisten your lips and keep them healthy
- contains vitamin E, tomato extracts, jojoba oil, and macadamia nut oil to moisturize and nourish your lips
- jelly-like texture lip gloss
- company established 1957
- available in 4 shades
A’pieu Juicy Pang Colored Lip Balm
- made with 4 kinds of berry extract to revitalize your lips
- smudge-free, soft texture
- available in 6 different shades
Innisfree Green Tea Lip Balm
- this lip balm is green tea-based
- provides nourishment and help lock moisture in
- made without silicon oils, polyacrylamide, imidazolidinyl urea, triethanolamine, synthetic colorants, talc, and surfactants containing PEGs
Melixir Vegan Lip Butter
- available in a whopping 18 vivid colors (including clear)!
- uses agave as it’s base instead of petroleum or beeswax
- vegan lip stain
- made using vitamin E, green tea seed oil, argan oil, and jojoba oil to deeply moisturize chapped lips
- contains shea butter to moisturize your lips
- no artificial fragrance
Carenel Lip Sleeping Mask
A not-so-subtle dupe of Laneige’s Lip Sleeping Mask, Carenel makes no effort to try to be it’s own thing. The packaging, the name, even the flavor echo that of the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. But this is somewhat less of a hit to your back pocket, so there it is.
- berry extracts hydrate, protect, and nourish your lips while you sleep
- perfect solution for dry, chapped, or flaky lips
- use day and night
- available in a pack of 3
Find the Carenel Lip Sleeping Mask here.
Nooni Applebutter Lip Mask
- soothes the lips with key ingredients like apple butter and shea butter
- made from carnauba wax and candelilla wax
- contains Vitamin E
- made with apple water to moisturize dehydrated lips
- made without petrolatums, sulfates, formaldehyde, phthalates, mineral oil, insoluble plastic beads, coal tar, talc, oxybenzone hydroquinone, triclosan, triclocarbon, ethanolamines
MeMe Lip Mask
Okay, so I know I’ve strayed a bit from the lip balm notion that’s in this blog’s title. But how could I resist mentioning this lip mask from Me Me? I mean, look at that packaging! SO cute!! And the little applicator that comes with the pot of lip goodness. Adorable!
And who says lip masks aren’t as important as balms to us these days?
And reading its reviews, MeMe’s followers are as loyal to their Lip Mask as it gets.
- collagen infused to help keep your lips plump
- contains natural fruit extracts to nourish your lips
- made with hyaluronic acid for optimum moisturizing
- contains shea butter to help smooth, soften and hydrate your lips
- kinda confusing because it uses Australian botanicals, states it is made in the UK in the final image on its Amazon sales page, yet in the reviews is stated by the manufacturer that the Lip Mask is in fact made in South Korea
- rave reviews from its users
Find Me Me Lip Mask here.
Laneige Glowy Lip Balm
- contains murumuru and she butters for locked-in hydration
- easy to use tube application for on-the-go use all day long
- available in 5 different flavors and tints
- high gloss lightweight finish
Find the Laneige Glowy Lip Balm here.
Etude House Ginger Sugar Essential Lip Balm
- features a sugar-syrup-like consistency to gently remove dead skin cells
- made without talc, polyacrylamide, artificial fragrance, synthetic color, imidazolidinyl Urea, triethanolamine, PEGs
- ginger sugar helps to energize the skin
- shea butter to moisturize your lips and hold in hydration
Find Etude House Ginger Sugar Essential Lip Balm here.
CosRx Lip Plump Balm
- made with AHA’s, BHA’s, and Vitamin C to exfoliate and nourish the skin
- exfoliates gently without the feeling of more abrasive lip scrubs
- does contain petroleum jelly
- claims to help provide plump lips
- does not test on animals
- no sulfates, phthalates or parabens
Whenever I’m trying to bring you the best of the best products available, I sadly find I want to buy them ALL for myself. I do get giddy, especially when discovering some of the ingredients in K-beauty products. And the best thing is, that most of these products are very affordable.
I truly love the adventurous, slightly contentious nature of Korean beauty products and the K-beauty method.
If you loved learning about Korean lip balms here, perhaps you’ll want to check out my pick of the best 23 Korean eyeliner pencils as well!
Please let me know what you think – perhaps you’re a Laneige over, tried and true? Or perhaps you’re more experimental and willing to slather some salmon sperm DNA on your lips….it’s all up to you, but do comment below what your pick is!
And don’t forget to share this with your K-beauty lip balm-loving friends!
Featured Image by Timothy Dykes